We have great news! We just got confirmation that “From the Same Thread”, shortfilm produced during the last edition of Stop Motion Animation Master in BAU, will participate in Cannes Festival 2018.
The short film will be screened at “The Cannes Short Film Corner”, a non-competitive section, thanks to ANNY Animation Nights New York, event where it will also be a part of.
Aquí podeis ver toda la programación de la sección de animación del Festival.
This is, without a doubt, a great opportunity for the directors, who will attend the event from May 14 to 19.
In fact, the students from last year’s Master have had the chance to see how their films have been selected in many different festivals around the world. “From the Same Thread”, directed by our former students Rucha Dhayarkar, Antonia Piña, Lorène Friesenbichler and Phaedra Derizioti, has been selected for this Festivals below:
- Festival Stop Motion Montreal – Official Selection 2017
- Stoptrik international Film Festival – Official Selection 2017
- Kino Fest International Film Festival – Official Selection 2017
- Balkanima European Animated Film Festival – Official Selection 2017
- Animasivo Festival de Animación Contemporánea de la Ciudad de México – Official Selection 2017
- Craft International Animation Festival Indonesia – Official Selection 2017
- TAF Thessaloniki Animation Festival – Official Selection 2017
- Monstra: Lisbon Animated Film Festival – Official Selection 2018
- Prime The Animation! International Student Festival – Official Selection 2018
- FIFEM – Festival Film International for Children Montreal
- Piccolo Festival Animazione
- Animac: Openscreen student shortfilm cathegory ANIMACREA
- ANNY: Animation nights New York
- Animakom Fest Bilbao – Official Selection 2018
And has won two awards:
- CRAFT Intl. Animation Festival 2017: Strong Craft Basis Award for the Best Student Work
- ASIFA Hellas: Stratos Stasinos Annual Prize 2017
If you haven’t seen it yet, you can find the Oficial trailer here.
At the same time, “Tuning”, another shortfilm produced in last year’s Master, directed by the team of students Ferran Viura Salas, Gaspare Savio Lo Vacco, Juan Vásquez and Giovanni Aguilar, has been selected in all this festivals:
- Festival Stop Motion Montrial – Official Selection 2017.
- The World Animation Celebration of Los Angeles – Official Selection 2017.
- PSIAF (Palm Springs International Animation Festival) – Official Selection 2017.
- Anime Caribe – Official selection 2017.
- Cinema Crianza ( Festival internacional de cine infantil) – Official Selection 2017.
- Manchester Animation Festival 2017 – Selection in Prefestival Family Day (cortos para niños).
- Animac Mostra Internacional de Cinema de Animaciò en Lleida – Selection in Petit Animac Música i històries 2018.
- International Children’s Film Festival Bangladesh – Official Selection 2018.
- Cinemira – Budapest International Children’s Film Festival – Official Selection 2018.
- LAFF – Longwood Animation Film festival en Farmville (Virginia) – Official Selection 2018.
Congratulations once again to all our students, we are very happy to see how your Final Projects get so far. We hope this keeps going!
And good luck to our current students that are starting their Final Project !
More information about the Stop Motion Master Here